Friday, March 5, 2010

Flying

I find it such a unique experience to have time such as this. Flying lets me find uniterrupted hours. At 30,000 ft. reading Karen Armstrong's chapter on the Greek Philosophers in her new book "The Case For God." Being reminded of the power of reason as a unifying, life-affirming point. "The Life according to reason is beat and pleasantest," write Aristotle, "since reason, more than anything is Man." All this while listening to klezmer music ("Klezmocracy") on my iPhone! There are things Aristotle, with all his reason could not have anticipated.

I am thinking about what these 15 teens will be experiencing in DC over the next few days. In particular we will be leading them to present rational arguments, based on Jewish learning, to our congressional delegation - as if reason, and not politics - was the key. I am not being cynical, I am admiring the power of optimism in our youth.

I want them to change our world.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment