Monday, March 8, 2010

Lobbied

Washington always strikes me with it's gravity and gravitas. I am sure those who live and work here can have difficulty seeing beyond it's marbled walls. I cannot blame them. But I suspect that there is a certain relief that comes from a group of teens who travel from the home districts and share their passion. And for the teens to stand for a time in that gravity well is an experience that reminds them of the power in their emerging voice. Senators Merkley and Wyden (personally) and the House staffers, listened with more than polite attention. The stories our teens told were personal, informed and passionate. And who know how far gravity waves travel.

Thank you to the staff of the RAC, to our chaparones and to CBI for supporting this trip.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment